Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Clean Chicken Fajitas: Healthy Dinner Recipe

Clean Chicken Fajitas: For a healthy dinner

Do you absolutely love full hearty dinners? The ones that bring the whole family around the table with lots of chatter and laughter? Well here is a perfect one that all family members will love!! **YES even the ones that do not like spicy foods!

I am not very good with spices! Although my boyfriend loves everything that is at the hottest degree! So I have found happy mediums when cooking meals for the two of us! This one is a winner!!

It is a fun and easy recipe as well. Let me tell you, I had an incredibly crazy morning and I STILL got this meal cooked! I think it took me 30 minutes, maybe less!! WOW

The Ingredients:
**Red bell peppers-you can use multi colored (yellow, red, green) but I had red so that is what I used!
**Onion-1 full 
**Chicken-I used about 2 pounds
**Chili powder
**Paprika 
**Garlic-I used powder because I was pressed for time, but you can use fresh pressed
**Splash of lemon juice

I slice the peppers and the onion and place it in a pan to start browning the chicken, peppers and onions. 

Once the chicken is browned and the onions are translucent, the spices are added along with the lemon juice.

I mix is all together over the stove.



I really like the splash of lemon juice because it definitely makes the fajita have a zest flavor. When I order a fajita from a restaurant that it was I expect, zest and spice. Well there it was just created in 30 minutes in my kitchen and for several dollars cheaper!

Who said eating clean had to be expensive?? NOT this girl!!  :)

Treat your taste buds and your body tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment