Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Facial Scrubs

      Lavender Vanilla Facial Scrub

 I wanted to make a special gift for my grandmother this Christmas. She loves the smell of lavender-it helps her relax and sleep better. While I was looking for do-it-yourself gifts, I stumbled upon facial scrubs. 
 I wanted to send my health and fitness team a little something special that was unique. I thought this was a great idea. 
 As I was making all of these, which was so much fun, my brother continually made jokes about how I was working in a lab. The best was that I was creating something special, having fun and all while I was surrounded by family💖

The Ingredients:
🔻Glass container that seals (any size)
🔻2 cups of Epsom Salt (I got a lavender smelling mixture)
🔻1 cup Course Sea Salt
🔻2 TBSP Vanilla Extract
🔻1/2 cup oil (you can use coconut, Olive, peanut) I used coconut for some and Olive for others!
🔻15 drops of Lavendar Oil
🔻Red and Blue food coloring to make purple salt scrub (optional)




How to Put it All Together:
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the Epsom Salt and Sea Salt. Mix well.
2. Add in the oil and mix well, make sure all salt is covered by the oil.
3. Add in the Vanilla and Lavendar Oil and mix well.
4. Slowly add some drops of food coloring to create the perfect shade of Lavendar and mix well!!
5. Carefully pour the scrub into the jar

And enjoy!!



I used the 16 ounce mason jars and hot glue gunned patterned burlap on the top for extra added decoration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment