Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bath Crayons For The Kiddos!!

        Fun, Chemical-Free Bath Crayons!

     I have seen mommas posting about bath crayons since early this past fall. When it came time to decide what to get my sixteen-month-old niece, I was continually reminded of these fantastic bath crayons! 
   So what are bath crayons?!
       Fun for the kids while in the tub! They can draw and write on the tile in the shower, with NO mess! The writing easily rinses with plain water! 

So, how are they made?
   Very simply!!! I had so much fun making these! I was getting creative and trying many different things that I found in my mom's kitchen-some worked MUCH better than others!! 

What you will need:
🔹Food Coloring
🔹Glycerin Soap (I got mine from the local health food store, but I found it is also sold at Walmart, Walgreens, and Target) There are many different bases, I used plain glycerin soap 
🔹Coloring (soap or food-I used food)
🔹Scent (optional-I used lavender)
🔹Shape molds


Directions:
1. Divide the soap so you can make multiple colors, then melt them in the microwave- I did increments of 30 seconds, I only needed two!
2. Add the food coloring into the glycerin soap and mix well.
3. Pour into the molds, some I used cookie cutters and others I used jello jiggler molds (the jello molds worked best because they kept the hot soap contained, unlike the cookie cutters)


I packaged them up individually with plastic wrap and put them in a holiday bag

I really enjoyed making them! I hope my niece enjoys playing with them!!

Fun for the kids!❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment