Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Clean Hot Chocolate

Clean Hot Chocolate: 

Nothing better for a cold December night!

The winter months have officially arrived, it's chilly, the snow is starting to fall, wind is blowing and the fireplace is being sparked. This automatically makes me want hot chocolate. I love eating clean but how can I give up hot chocolate??

But then I found The Gracious Pantry and there was an incredible clean eating hot chocolate recipe. 

I really do believe we are meant to find pure and guilt free joy in the foods we eat. The problem is foods we have come to know as "good" food are not always good for us! This is what I have realized over the past few months, changing my lifestyle. So when I have the chance to change a recipe to one with more nutrition and less calories, I hardly can wait. 

Here is one of my new favorite once-in-awhile treats that is now healthier!



The Ingredients you will need

*4 cups unsweetened milk (I use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze)
*3/4 cup honey (Walmart organic)
*2 teaspoons cinnamon (Trader Joes')
*3 tablespoons unsweetened powdered cocoa (Hershey)


Directions:
*Combine all ingredients in a pot and warm over the medium heat
*Pour into cups and serve



Enjoy on a cold winter's night!! :)



Data for 1 cup:

Calories: 282
Total Fat: 5gm
Saturated Fats: 1gm
Trans Fats: 0gm
Cholesterol: 0gm
Sodium: 31mg
Carbohydrates: 56gm
Dietary Fiber: 6gm
Sugars: 49gm
Protein: 10gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 32
(nutritionaldata.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment