Thursday, December 5, 2013

Clean Chicken Chili

Chicken Chili-Clean Version

Do you LOVE chili in the winter season? Besides the fact that it is EXTREMELY easy to make (especially in a crock pot) it is so nice to sit down to a warm bowl of chili!

The Ingredients you will need:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (raw)
1 (6 oz) can of diced no salt added tomatoes
4 (16 oz) cans of low sodium or organic beans
1 (4oz) can of fire roasted green chiles
2 medium onions, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 cups of reduced sodium chicken stock
1 cup of low fat cheese, shredded

Directions:
I am sure you can do it a harder way but I was running short on time and literally placed all the ingredients in my crock pot
Mixed them
Placed it on low heat (6-8 hours of cooking) or high heat (4-6 hours)

(I used low heat because I was going to be at work)

When I came home it smelled delicious!!


Before I ate it I placed some shredded low fat (skim milk) cheese on top 
 And loved every spoonful!!



Enjoy!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment