Monday, October 21, 2013

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse





The Three Day Shakeology Cleanse

I have to tell you about my journey (experience) doing the three day shakeology cleanse. Let me first off start by saying this was not as easy as I thought it was going to be!

Day 1: I started this day on top of this cleanse. I was talking on the phone with my parents as they were heading to the airport on their way to Israel. I mentioned how this was the first day I was starting the cleanse and I thought it was going to be a piece of cake (HA!) 
Breakfast-shakeology, I knew I could not handle vanilla shakeology with just water so I did have chocolate and half vanilla to equal one scoop and added 8oz of water and about 3 or 4 ice cubes and blended it. Surprisingly I still thought no big deal, these three days will not be as bad as everyone makes cleanses sound.
Snack- I had an apple
Lunch-another shake just like the breakfast one
Dinner: I had a salad (fairly large) with a piece of white fish. My dressing was light balsamic. 
Snack: 1/2 cup of strawberries.
I also had 2 cups of green tea with no honey!! (ahh) throughout the day.







I must say, because my three days sound the exact same I will not go through each meal for each day. But I will tell you about my struggles.

Day 1 I had very little struggles. The worst part was when I got home and was just relaxing and doing some work. I was able to think about food and how I wanted to eat (key word there was WANTED-I did not necessarily need to, but what else did I have to do?!) So I drank tea-which was satisfying.

Day 2: This was the worst day. I have to say it was the worst because I was right in the middle and in my head it would have been easy to turn back and forget I started rather then push through and get some kind of results-if any. I have to say because my mom (who has been through these several times was not around, I constantly went to my boyfriend for help) He helped me see how it was necessary for me to push through and see the results. He mentioned how far I had come to just turn back then. So I pushed through!


Day 3: It was definitely an easier day because I knew I was almost done, but I was not working that day so I was not very distracted. I was running errands and you know what those included; GROCERY SHOPPING!! Who wants to go to the grocery store when you're hungry let alone on a cleanse! Well I struggled here but I found eating a 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks while shopping kept me contained. I have to say though-be more careful than I was because I accidentally spilled the juice and left a trail around the grocery store. (UGH!) I have to say, the advice that was given about sleeping more than I thought was necessary, was definitely the best advice! 

The END: I woke up Sunday morning and felt AMAZING! I was not craving anything I wanted the days before. I wanted McDonald's, and every single thing I could think of. Anything I would never think of wanting on a normal day-I craved so bad! But the day I was able to eat again-I was not hungry, had so much energy, felt amazing and did not crave one thing that I had been craving the day before. How crazy is that!!??

I have to admit though..I did cheat...ONCE and I regret it but I have to share since I am telling you about my journey. PLUS I am very weak..I try so hard to be dedicated beyond belief but I am not. I constantly have to kick myself back on track. Well I cheated with a pumpkin coffee :(

My Results!!! Day 1 to the Morning of Day 4 (well the end of the cleanse) I lost 9.5 pounds!!! how amazing is that!? I felt amazing and I would definitely do it again even though it was not extremely easy. But I did it and the next time, I will not cheat!




If you are interested in doing the cleanse please contact me! I will help you get started!!





No comments:

Post a Comment