Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Do You Have Aloe Plants Around?

Last year when I moved to Lock Haven, PA-I dug out a piece of my mom's aloe plant and now I have my own.

But Why?

Well I have to admit-I was not allowed to have a pet so I decided I would get plants and make that what I was going to take care of. So besides the fact that my mom had already had the aloe plant and it was originally from another family member-and an even bigger plus, it was free! 

I always knew there were benefits of using the aloe-most people have heard of it because of sunburns, but I never really thought about using it. 

But here are some of the benefits:

-High in minerals and vitamins

-High in amino acids and fatty acids

-It is an adaptogen (boosts the body's natural ability to adapt to external changes and resist in illness)

-Helps with digestion

-Helps with detoxification

-Alkalizes the body

-Cardiovascular health

-Boosts immune system

-Great for the skin

-Disinfectant, anti-biotic, anti-microbial, germicidal, anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-fungal and anti-viral

-Reduces inflammation

-Weight loss


I burned my finger while making pizza sauce, it blistered and I could not think of anything that would help-except cold water. Then I was leaning over the sink and my aloe plant was right in my face. OF COURSE!!! So here I am using aloe from my own plant! I love this. How awesome is that. I have a plant in my own kitchen that has SO many health benefits! 

By the way my blistered burn-feels excellent!!!

I cannot believe I have had this plant in my house for over a year and in my family for longer and I never cared about the health benefits it could bring me.

This makes me realize I need to pay more attention to my surroundings!

I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment