Sunday, November 17, 2013

Vitamins and Protein in Comparison to Shakeology



GNC products are great, BUT like I used to believe, they were the products I NEEDED to have in order to be healthy and fit. The problem with this was-there was not just ONE product I needed, there were SEVERAL! 

Who wants several different products to take just to be healthy and fit? I do NOT! I know how easily I forget to take one thing let alone, 5-10-15 different items.
Here is how Shakeology  is different than not only GNC's Lean Shake, but also purely Protein shakes. 

Shakeology is Not a protein shake! 
Shakeology is: a meal replacement, a whole food vitamin supplement and a nutrient dense and all natural Super food shake. Shakeology does contain protein, but it is not solely a protein shake and it is not labeled as that. 

When looking at the ingredient list. The quality found in "other ingredient" section. If there are quality ingredients, then the price is worth it. Don't you want to know what you are actually paying for, and if it is worth it?
The first thing is protein shakes, especially Lean Shake has a load of chemicals that are no where close to being whole food and clean. 
Let's take a look at the products in the protein shake; there is carrageenan, partially hydrogenated soy bean oilartificial flavors and splenda 
The reason why this product is so much less then Shakeology is because there is very little ingredients that is healthy. 
When you are spending money to invest in your health, you want to avoid chemicals in the products. Typically when we have cheat days or eat a certain "treat" occasionally we will intake some of these chemicals-but that is NOT on a daily account.

What about Vitamins?
Shakeology is a nutrient and vitamin dense shake. Shakeology is the equivalent of three servings of salad. This allows you to get your entire days worth of vitamins in one scoop (shake). A multi-vitamin is synthetic; which means your body is not recognizing this as real food. This causes vitamins to either go right through you-which causes you to waste your money, or they get absorbed and they accumulate in your body (which is stressful and harmful for your organs). Vitamins are better when they come from food groups. Vitamins do not provide you with a meal. Shakeology can be a meal or a snack. Vitamins are typically pretty expensive ($13/month). Which is not terrible-but again may not be actually getting used by your body!

People who sell vitamins and protein shakes are not there to promote what is best for YOU! They are there to promote what is best for them to sell. They do not care if their product creates a healthier lifestyle and weight loss in their customers-as long as they are selling their product. They are not invested in your weight loss efforts, struggle, journey or success. The salespeople are not educated in health and fitness, they are there to sell. They do not know what other products are, but they know what they have to push. Lots of the products they have contain chemicals that are not natural and can create more harm to your body. 

I am not forcing you to choose Shakeology, but I promote it because I believe in it and I have chosen to. I know what it has done for my health and fitness and I have seen how it helps my clients' health. I am an athletic trainer who deals with health, nutrition and fitness on a day-to-day routine. I have educated myself and continue to. Yes, I would love to be able to have exotic fruits and vegetables for every single meal and snack of every day-but obviously that is not possible. I am a busy, young athletic trainer and I love to be able to get healthy meals prepped for my week. So, for $4 a scoop, mixed with some extra basic ingredients-of everything I need, without spending lots of hours and money, without added carcinogens, chemicals and artificial ingredients, then SIGN ME UP!

No matter what, I will continue to enjoy Shakeology. I love what it has done for me and my health. I have been able to lead a healthier lifestyle, even with my hectic schedule. Whether or not someone else buys it or not, I will continue to drink it. 

Shakeology is a meal replacement, a whole food vitamin supplement and a nutrient dense and all natural super food shake. When this is placed into your body on a daily basis-you feel better, have more energy, recover better and have less cravings. It is nutrients made easy. "The Healthiest Meal of the Day" and it is in the convenience of a scoop from a bag.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and continue this discussion.

Contact me at:
brittanyplummer271@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment